Books to Read!
- All the World by Liz Garton Scanlon
- Chicken Soup with Rice: A Book of Months by Maurice Sendak
- The Curious Garden by Peter Brown
- Flotsam by David Wiesner
- In the Small, Small Pond by Denise Fleming
- Kite Day by Will Hillenbrand
- Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert
- Mouse's First Fall by Lauren Thompson
- My Garden by Kevin Henkes
- Snow by Uri Shulevitz
- The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
- Winter is the Warmest Season by Lauren Stringer
Read & Rhyme
Congaree National Park
Congaree National Park is located about 20 minutes from Columbia and offers guided tours, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, and picnic facilities. There are also children's activities including crafts and games.
Lee State Natural Area
To the east, you’ll find Lee State Natural Area located in Lee County. Nestled in a floodplain forest along the designated state scenic Lynches River, visitors can participate in many outdoor activities exploring the nature trails, artesian springs, millponds, and sandhills. Deer, raccoons, and red foxes are among the permanent residents. Both parks are free of charge and wonderful places for families to explore!
- Get Set4K.org: March - Check out this month by month guide to school readiness.
- Reading is Fundamental Monthly Activity Calendar: March - This monthly activity calendar provides engaging reading and writing activity suggestions to last a month! (Also available in Spanish)
- Chateau Meddybumps - Check out the Parent’s Guide to see how you can use this site to develop language, reading, and social skills.
- StoryPlace: The Children’s Digital Library - At this children’s website by the Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County, kids can listen to interactive children's stories, play with on-line activities, print out take-home activities, reading lists and more.